The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to give a bit of praise to Track of the Wolf. Broke the Ramrod for the my Lyman Trade Rifle. Ordered a new one on Thursday morning and it arrived today ! Very satisfied with their great and quick service....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Not Always. Beware if you buy stocks from them. you don't get what you pay for.

That surprises me. I've always had great service and product from TOTW.. But I never bought a stock either.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I've ordered from Track of the Wolf many times over the years and was always happy with the experience. It's my go to place for flints, and the spot I order my L&R Locks from, but as Buckskin said, I never ordered a stock from them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have built a couple kits from them and many parts. Always had good service. Did receive one stock from them in a kit that was unacceptable and returned it. They replaced it with a much better quality, as I originally ordered with no problems. "Heard" (no confirmation) they got their wood from Pecatonica, so I just ordered last stock from them. That wood was outstanding and just the grade I ordered as well as great service and help over the hone. I have no problem whatsoever ordering parts and stuff from them with outstanding service, Just leary with higher grade wood orders now.

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
I've ordered from the Track of the Wolf folks for years, and these orders included most everything that associates with flintlocks, and this included kits for building and stocks. I can't recall an instance where I was not satisfied, needing to exchange or return an item, from patches to stocks. Great source for those of us who enjoy these smokepoles.

I will say that Dixon's remains my first preference for supplies, and as recently as yesterday being my last visit! Good luck to all heading out for the early muzzleloader season, and if you happen to hunt the Tioga State Forest, and encounter an old gray haired, gray bearded fellow, say hello!:smile2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts