The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the tundra 4.6l...any advice......talked with 3 people that have them and they love them....i posted about dodge dealer but after talking with them changed my mind slightly..the deal in paper was not all that

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I think it is possible in the future that Nissan and Yoter is gonna drop their full size jobs.I read not long ago that the sales has been real bad and dismal and getting worse every year.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Never had the 4.6 but I am on my second 5.7 and never had any problem with them, got all the power I need, when I need it.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retiredusne8 said:
Never had the 4.6 but I am on my second 5.7 and never had any problem with them, got all the power I need, when I need it.
thats what few i talked with said...i dont tow any real heavy things but the 4.6 has 310hp versus my dodge ram 4.7 at 285hp..so it should be an improvement..plus the reliability of toyota..find out when i look at it today

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I love the look of the Tacoma but the Tundra has to be the ugliest truck on the road. One of my friends has the Tundra (2012) and he loves it. He has had no problems with it and he is not one to baby anything. If you like the way it looks, then go for it.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can deal with the looks..to me the look pretty cool. .looking reliable form of transportation. .Got 140000 on my ram..cost quit a bit since the 100000 mile mark...mpg..no worse than my ram..hope I get a deal

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Buckinnuts, on my second Tundra. Never had a mechanical problem. my fuel mileage is near 12.6-13 mpg. Not great but what I have come to expect. Have taken a beating from the FIL because it is not a Ford or Chevy. He has come around to almost saying he likes it. We take my truck on any trip over an hour cause he likes the passenger seat. Come to think of it same for my wife. We leave her Lincoln Navigator at home on trips cause they agree my truck rides nicer. Had 200k+ on first one already have 40k on this one.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I haven't heard of any complaints from owners of the 4.6L. The only complaints seem to come from those that have never owned one.

I have a 5.7L and have had no engine or tranny related issues. I had two other small issues and the warrantly covered them w/o any problem. Actually one of the issues occured out of warranty but the dealer fixed it no charge anyhow.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
As long as it pulls that boat over to the lake for them hybrids.

The wife has had 2 Corollas (no problems) and now has an 07 Rav. She's had a stack of recalls, and weird things like tire pressure sensor go bad. Say's she's done with Toyota.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bootmud said:
I haven't heard of any complaints from owners of the 4.6L. The only complaints seem to come from those that have never owned one.

I have a 5.7L and have had no engine or tranny related issues. I had two other small issues and the warrantly covered them w/o any problem. Actually one of the issues occured out of warranty but the dealer fixed it no charge anyhow.
i hope..heard that from others
Treemouse...priority to hit the hybrids..
here is the dealers picture..used 2012 with 12,100 miles...like the fact that it has a hard tonneau cover..its red but i can deal with that...for $18,400..couldnt pass up the deal

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Here's mine on the beach at OBX. 2012 model like the one you posted. (I prefer caps)

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like caps too..will get one for hunting season

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just had a new frame put under my 04' with the 4.7, was not real happy with Toyota's customer service. I bought it new and overall it has been a good truck. Gas mileage is not very good but it is a full size. While my truck was at the dealership I was given a 2015 tundra with the 4.6. I was not impressed, it had a little more power, but the gas mileage was no better and it did not seem to be built as well.
Big thing I took away was that in 11 years Toyota dropped the ball on fuel mileage. I would say in that same timeframe Dodge almost doubled theirs. Ford and Chevy increased theirs also. I will not buy another after the customer service I received. Just my experience.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Must have been the dealership. I had a frame replaced on my 2000 Tundra. Toyota took care of everything, rental and all.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
This says it all.Why would anybody want anything to do with a truck that has frames made out of saran wrap?I didn,t know the Tundras frames were garbage too.But I,m not surprised.I got some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if you all know anyone who,s interested.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Older Tundra.
On my third Toyota truck. Had the frame issue with the second and an engine problem with the T100. Toyota took care of both problems without a dime coming out of my pocket. Don't see Ford, Chevy, Dodge or GMC standing behind their products like that. And don't tell me none of those have problems as well.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
My bud had a 2001 Silverado that the frame rotted away on, guess what GM did for him?. He has been driving a Tacoma since 2007 and has not looked back.

·
Premium Member
24,081 Posts
I'm on my second Tacoma, the first had the rusted frame. Mine is a 2004 has 196000 miles on it and still running strong. The only thing I don't like about the 2 is at 100000 miles the drivers seat is trashed. Makes my hip hurt all the time. I bought one of those Freedom Seats for in it and that seems to help.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts