The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in an email. Not sure if it was posted yet or not, but this just shows how tough wild animals (in this case an Elk) are.

This guy apparantly shot this elk, then his taxidermist found part of an antler embedded into the elk's skull, just behind the eye socket. He estimated that it had been in there for at least a year or two as the skin had completely enclosed around the antler at the entrance hole. Tough tough animals....

Hunters face was removed to protect identity of the hunter.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
ouch is right...I shot a buck in 2002 archery that when my taxidermist skinned it out he told me it had been shot by a 22 in the nose through the lower half of the brain.had a face full of 6 shot in the face .blind in one eye...must of been shot during spring gobbler because there is shot the antlers

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Dang, talk about the ultimate Excedrine headache! Just shows how tough game animals, any wild animal really is.

I've seen different three-legged deer, legs blown off at the knee joint, running around like nothing was wrong. Locally there was a three-legged buck, we saw him with the back leg gone at the knee as a little buck, shot at in antlerless season. Thing ran around on the farm it was on for two more years. As a bigger buck he'd run through the field chasing off little bucks at fill tilt, unless you got a good look and knew it was him you'd never tell by how he ran.

Buddy's brother once shot a buck who's rear knee was completely wrecked, must've been hit by a car. And until it was down you never knew.

If it was us humans, having half a limb blown off or taking an arrow to the shoulder would just drop us in our tracks. Nature has those wild animals tough, indeed. Have to respect our quarry, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts