The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, is anyone doing one of the Tough Mudders in PA? I believe I am going to Pocono Hill but might hold out for the Pittsburgh one.

Started training 2 weeks ago, way out of shape but motivated by the Mudder.

www.toughmudder.com

·
Super Moderator
29,164 Posts
A couple of guys from work are planning to do one of the ones in Germany, Frankfurt most likely.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm hoping to do the one in Pittsburgh, but it depends on my work schedule. If not I may be able to swing the one in Philly.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, looks like a great challenge. I'm struggling to find a team up here in the sticks. So far there is 3 of us.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
My wife is doing a Dirty Girl Mudder next year with a Team here in NEPA. I'll be cheering them on....

I find no pleasure in participating anymore...did enough of those while in the Marine Corps.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Myself and a group of guys from work are doing the Tough Mudder Pittsburgh event this year. I did the 4 mile "Ruckus Run" at the Washington County fairgrounds last year. I had planned on training for it but life had other plans so I had to go in without getting my cardio where I wanted it. I finished along side the guys who had trained and felt pretty good about myself. There is no way I could do that with tough mudder so I have a lot of work to do before August!

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been using C25K to get my cardio up. Just finished week 6 today running 22 minutes straight without a break. By week 9 I'm supposed to be doing 3 miles, 3 days a week. I feel like once you get to that point you can be ready for a mudder. It's like 25 intervals of 1/2 a mile or less basically because you have to wait in line at obstacles and people walk portions of it.

In a perfect world i'd be at 5 miles, 3 days a week by August, we shall see.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
Keep up the good work. I used to do 5 miles a day, but that was 20 years ago. I'd love to be able to do a couple miles a week. Knees and hip can't handle the running anymore but I still love to hike. New Year's Eve I did five miles on the snow tracking a flintlock deer for a buddy. 2.5 miles in and 2.5 out. He's 52 and I have a hard time keepin up with him.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm signing up. Didn't know anything about the toughmudder. I'm 48 and been out of the marines for 25+ years but this looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are doing the one in the Pittsburgh area in August. I needed some motivation to get in shape. I hate running, and I wasn't able to keep at a new years resolution the last couple of years to get in better shape but this has kept me going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts