The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get ahold of some topo or satellite maps and of course of those maps are of the area I hunt. Any suggestions on where to get them. Ive briefly looked on google searching around but I'm really fussy and what it to be perfect. What I'm looking to do with it is blow it up pretty big so we can put pins in the map to mark where we shoot our deer at camp and also for strategic purposes. Advice please!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
call the U S Geological survey at 1-888-map-deal
and they will send you a index of any state you want,, once you get the index you pick the name of the topo maps you want ,just call them again and order the maps you want

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Acme mapper 2.0 lets you switch between google maps, sat, topo & teraine & you can zoom in and out and switch between them.

get 11 x 17 paper for your printer and go for it.

My one bud took the 11 x 17 and covered it w/plexiglass and hung a grease pencil [china marker] on a string for his gang's property.

They mark all their stands and mark which one they are using so the other guys know where they are. This bunch does alot of afternoon archery after work so they dribble in according to when they get off work, check the map and go hunting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I used mytopo.com too. You can design your own hunting area. I did that and then got a 3'x4' size to hang on cabin wall. Sounds like what you are talking about wanting. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts