The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the top mount quiver that is now available. I'll be sending out emails to everyone that requested it. You can also call 814-662-4321 after 6 p.m. to order. I actually prefer the call to save me the Paypal fees. Thanks everyone.

LINK

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Very nice. Glad to see this finally in production. Mounting the quiver in line with the rail and to the rear solves alot of problems. Great idea and one that is needed in the crossbow industry.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Here is a pic of the top mount on my new Vortex. I shot it some tonight and it does put the quiver out of your way. They are definately worth the money.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Sweet setup, cspot. Having the quiver on top of the bow makes using a sling to carry a much better time. Plus it puts the weight towards the year, lightening up the front end.

How did the shots feel?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Really Good. I like the balance of Vortex alot better than the Buckbuster that I had. Colton likes shooting it too. Hopefully we get some nice weather soon, so we can spend some time with it. We plan on turkey hunting with it in the Spring, and then probably on to groundhogs.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
The scope on it is just temporary. I am going to put the new Hawke illuminated variable power scope on it when they are available. I think Mike said the beginning of March, he will have them.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Just wondering,do you guys hunt with the quiver on?That is the first thing I take off.Before I even cock it.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
I usually take my quiver off. I feel the bow is quieter when shot without the quiver.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I use a Hip Quiver with any bow I use including recurves-compounds and my crossbow.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Hiamovi said:
Just wondering,do you guys hunt with the quiver on?That is the first thing I take off.Before I even cock it.
Even with this setup I will remove the quiver once I get to the stand or blind. It will make it nicer for carrying in I believe and also for any game that you stalk up on where you want to leave your quiver on. My son and I do some groundhog hunting with it as well and alot of times we spot and stalk. One bonus I like is that I can leave the quiver now when I hang it up in the basement. I know a few times I started to leave without it during deer season last year.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Does anyone make a camera mount that will fit where you quiver mounts on? In other words when I make it to my stand or blind I can remove my quiver and then slide the camera into the quiver bracket that remains on the bow. I have looked online but haven't found anything. I might have to make something.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You might be able to get an extra quiver bracket that your quiver mounts to and make it fit to your camera. Slip quiver out and slip camera in.

·
Registered
18,421 Posts
For Excal owners another option is a Ground Pounder Quiver. It's a top mount as well. I have one and really like it, very well balanced and makes slinging your xbow easy. I take my quiver off as well when I enter my stand however.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
arrowhead said:
You might be able to get an extra quiver bracket that your quiver mounts to and make it fit to your camera. Slip quiver out and slip camera in.
I have found the female part of the bracket that stays on the bow, but haven't seen the male part that is on the quiver. Can you just get that part without buying a quiver and cutting the quiver part off?

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
beagler said:
For Excal owners another option is a Ground Pounder Quiver. It's a top mount as well. I have one and really like it, very well balanced and makes slinging your xbow easy. I take my quiver off as well when I enter my stand however.
I have known about these for years. I believe it to be a better design as it sits centered right over the bow, not off to one side.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
octagon said:
I have known about these for years. I believe it to be a better design as it sits centered right over the bow, not off to one side.
The advantage to the Bohning top mount is the weight is now to the rear. Especially if you mount the quiver with the flething end of the arrows forward.

Of course, if you take the quiver off while hunting, either are great options.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
dpms said:
octagon said:
The advantage to the Bohning top mount is the weight is now to the rear. Especially if you mount the quiver with the flething end of the arrows forward.

Of course, if you take the quiver off while hunting, either are great options.
I agree Gene. I just love hip quivers and eliminate all of the extra weight on the crossbow. However, I would like to try a back quiver next year, never tried one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts