The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,193 Posts
ryanpgh said:
i guess i need to give these trout magnets more of a try. I've fished them, but not very patiently. Its usually the last thing i put on before i say i'm going to the cooler for a yuengling."
takes a little while to get a method down with them but they are super productive on stockies if you get in a good flow and at the right depth. I have had days that I couldnt cast one without getting a hit and days were they werent very productive. I usally put one on the line on the opener when the hits slow down, usally brings a few more fish.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Highflyer... never heard of the CP Swing. I'm gonna have to research that one. Mepps Aglia would prob me my #4 and just barely missed my list. I got a big smile when i read your #3 (white rooster tail w/ black dots). Thats a popular one with my fishing buddies and I, but the reason I laugh is because we have a special name for it. Its called "The Cow." Just an inside joke amongst my close friends, but anytime the standard end of the fishing day conversation comes up of:
"How'd you do?"
"Pretty good. I got a few on bait and one on THE COW."

I get a good laugh. Anyways, great pick. The cow definitely makes my top 10 list.

· Registered
2,876 Posts
ryanpgh said:
i guess i need to give these trout magnets more of a try. I've fished them, but not very patiently. Its usually the last thing I put on before I say i'm going to the cooler for a yuengling."
I have mixed feelings about them. I would rather use spinners or smaller plastic twister tails over the magnets any day.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was at Dick's and I saw original Worden's rooster tails were up to $2.99 each. I saw Field & Stream brand "rooster tails" there as well for $1.49. I bought a white one and I'm interested to see if there is any difference in quality or performance. They look identical. Anyone try these yet?

· Registered
2,193 Posts
ryanpgh said:
I was at Dick's and I saw original Worden's rooster tails were up to $2.99 each. I saw Field & Stream brand "rooster tails" there as well for $1.49. I bought a white one and I'm interested to see if there is any difference in quality or performance. They look identical. Anyone try these yet?
bought a few spinners kinda like roostertails last year from basspro, I personally think they worked better than roostertails. have tried lots of diffrent spinners over the years and have found it doesnt matter much what style they are as long as they spin good and the fish like the color.

· Banned
1,614 Posts
3. 1/32 oz jighead with a tiny minnow or grub body
2. Mepps Aglia #1 plain with silver blade
1. Yellow powerbait, not preformed, no glitter, just plain Yellow.

I dont like to fish with the powerbait much anymore, really love fishing jigs and spinners, but if the fishing is tough, thats my go to. It seems I can always catch something on the good ol yellow. I had a few niti-1s, and never really did much luck with them actually, but maybe I didnt give them enough of a chance.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.