The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to clean out my lure box today to kill a little time before the Super Bowl. Gonna try to consolidate some space this year and get rid of some stuff i never use... like a neon orange rooster tail with an orange blade. I must've been drunk when i bought that one. I realized that I probably catch most of my trout on 4 or 5 different lures if I'm not using bait. Started wondering what you would consider your top 3 (and I know, i know.. I'm not really giving any secrets away here. these lures have been being sold and catching trout for decades). Here are my top 3.

3. Black Niti-1 Hot Trout Killer
2. White Rooster Tail
1. Black Panther Martin w/ yellow spots, gold blade.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've yet to use the 3" Power trout worms. Do you use the whole worm or pinch them in half? Also, do you thread them up the hook on a tiny jig head or a regular bait holder hook?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If any of you were looking to pick up some Niti-1's, here is the order form. You can either print this and send it in or just call the number on it and make a transaction over the phone via credit card. Thats how i do it. I put an order in on Saturday and they showed up on Tuesday. I prefer the original, but i'm sure the p-nut and p-chip work well too.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha.. yeah they have gone up in price.. i was just saying that the other day to a friend of mine when i bought them. The first time I bought these, i think they were 6 for $10 at the outdoors show. oh well.. such is the times. i'll gladly spend the extra money for a better chance to catch fish.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it looks like the lure in the upper left picture on the form. it swims like a minnow. you wouldn't believe how much it looks like a real fish when retrieved. trust us, pick up a basic 6 pack of 1.5" (2 of each color). they'll be on your next top 3 list.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i guess i need to give these trout magnets more of a try. I've fished them, but not very patiently. Its usually the last thing I put on before I say i'm going to the cooler for a yuengling."

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Highflyer... never heard of the CP Swing. I'm gonna have to research that one. Mepps Aglia would prob me my #4 and just barely missed my list. I got a big smile when i read your #3 (white rooster tail w/ black dots). Thats a popular one with my fishing buddies and I, but the reason I laugh is because we have a special name for it. Its called "The Cow." Just an inside joke amongst my close friends, but anytime the standard end of the fishing day conversation comes up of:
"How'd you do?"
"Pretty good. I got a few on bait and one on THE COW."

I get a good laugh. Anyways, great pick. The cow definitely makes my top 10 list.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was at Dick's and I saw original Worden's rooster tails were up to $2.99 each. I saw Field & Stream brand "rooster tails" there as well for $1.49. I bought a white one and I'm interested to see if there is any difference in quality or performance. They look identical. Anyone try these yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.