The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you recommend? The 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn I purchased has a very very nice tonneau cover on it already. However, it doesn't fold up, or remove entirely easily - it's clamped on, and requires tools and a bit of time to remove the entire cover. It looks great and does its job great, it's got a great seal.

I'm looking for something easier to remove, or fold up, maybe a tri fold? So what are you guys using? I can't seem to locate a brand or model on the current cover.

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
Good luck in your search!

I sport the " Why a cover look "

easier and cheaper.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Look at DiamondBack. Easy to put on and take off.You can remove the front and back panels in a minutes or 2. The center section is only a foot or so wide where the front and rear panels fit into. It can be removed also in a few minutes. Really well thought out and user friendly.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Not sure on the brand, I can look, but I have a soft tri fold. I love it. It comes off and on in under 5 minutes, EASILY!!

I just don't like the hard top tonneau look, thats personal preference though.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Extang. I couldn't give up any interior room for the lip the tri-folds sit in as I have a toolbox that just fits betweenthe bed rails.

I have the Extang 'Tuff Tono'; a no snaps and no velcro roll up that does exactly what I wanted.

Extang units come w/ a parts list and you can get anything that you may break. Made in USA too!

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
That is my next buy, for my Colorado 5 ft body, like the fold-up but my neighbor has a full size canvas and I like it as well and it's a little cheaper I'm sure....What kind of money are we talking here.......

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I love my Truxedo Roll Up cover. It's so fast and gets completely out of the way when rolled up. Got a 5 year warranty as well I believe.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I just put the F1 tri fold on my F150 several months ago. I would rather had a cap, but other half does not like to drive with a cap. Thus far, I really like it, looks good, easy to install, easy to remove. Can haul stuff without removing, lockable when you have a lockable tailgate.

Heres the web site, check out their videos.

www.bakflip.com

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have an Undercover on my Colorado and love it. Nice since it has hydraulic lifts and can be removed in minutes. Also it never leaks any water inside the bed even when you go through a car wash. Also it can hold 800lbs on top of it so you should never have to worry about it breaking when you sit something on it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I had a trifold and it worked well. I believe it was an extang. I got a truckcap later to haul the dogs around when I needed the backseat for a carseat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts