The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a tonneau cover for my 2011 Silverado within the next few weeks. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the tri-fold versions for the versatility they offer and their relatively low cost. I've browsed some sites and see that there are lots of different manufacturers out there offering tri-folds ranging anywhere from $200-800.

I'm not looking to break the bank with this purchase, but I want to make sure whichever one I end up with fits well and is durable. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a Trifecta brand tri-fold with my 2011 ranger from the dealer. Love the spring loaded latches in the back and the screw tight latches near the cab. Nylon straps with plastic clips to hold it down for open driving.

My only gripe is the weather stripping on one side ripped because it got stuck to the paint during the hot summer last year.

·
Super Moderator
4,536 Posts
I bought a tonno pro tri-fold 4 years ago and its still as durable as the day I got it, and fits really well...I paid $279 for it with free shipping....I recommended it to 3 other guys looking for a good cover for a reasonable price and everyone is happy with the tonno pro...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
X-tang = Good Stuff.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! I'm going to do some shopping this weekend and will certainly keep these suggestions in mind.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a X tang trifole from 2007 that is still going strong even after baking in the TX heat and sun for years. I use the tanneau tonic on it, don't know how true it is but was told that other prodcuts like 2001 & armor-all will cause it to crack.
The tri fold is nice, when folded up I can still use the goose neck hitch in the bed, also you can get under the tonneau diesel fuel tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts