The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to feeling creative today so I made an authentic beef Burgandy with venison and bananas Foster for dessert. I ate too much.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
That sounds good!! Bring some on down here!!

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Sounds good John. I picked up some nice Center cut beef shanks yesterday. They will start braising in burgundy at 1pm. Dinner is at 6.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
InVenangoNow said:
Dinner is at 6.
Can you hold off for about 20 minutes or so? I won't be able to make unitl at least 6:15...

To make Tater Happy! On another note....I smoked a gorgeous pork loin for Mom's Day dinner....IT WAS AWESOME!

My first for a special dinner, and came out better than I thought! I did a bourbon and brown sugar glaze while it was
Smokin....YUM< YUM YUM!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I said it before and I will say it again, we should do a HPA Cook book, the owner of the site could sell it to support the website. There are a lot of people here who know how to make good food.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
John I agree. I was onboard when the idea first came out some time back.....

I was a little skeptical about smokin it for dinner, but all the cards played out! Wife had to work on Moms day so, I was on baby watch, got thre smoke and grill at temp aorund 12:30, took out the loin and got her goin. Kept temp At 225 for four hours and then started glazing.....It was prob one of the juciest most falvorful pieces I have ever done. Thnaks to all the tips I have been getting right here on HPA! I've used up all of my mesquite though!

Uncle in AZ is gonna have to send me out a box full!

Actually thinkin bout doing a whole smoked duck..Any reccomendations on wood?

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Wife said the same for the duck....
It's a toss up between doin the duck or lamb.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to have my wild ducks smoked whole by a custom smoker, in a mesh bag like a ham. I would thaw them out and heat them in the oven then let them cool and jst sit it on a cutting board with cheese and crackers and a sharp knife and of course good beer.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Stop it John...I'm stuck behind the keyboard right now!

I think that's the ticket! I'll keep all apprised of the outcome!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
That sounds good John. I too love to cook. The cook book is great idea for the site..... here is a sushi dinner I made with smoked unagi and tuna loin lil while back. Love creating things to eat.

Made some snow goose jerky last weekend and put in smoker last night...some was ready, some needed more time so I put it in dehydrator to finish. The stuff that was done I left on the rack on my workbench and went upstairs. Little later I start down the stairs with zip loc to put it in...the dog comes running up, licking his chops. sob'n dog ate dang near 2 lbs of jerky....
willy

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like he approved.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
John S said:
I said it before and I will say it again, we should do a HPA Cook book, the owner of the site could sell it to support the website. There are a lot of people here who know how to make good food.
I know it was mentioned and I would be happy to contribute. Excellent idea. A lot of the recipes I have tried on here have been keepers.

Dingo, I will be asleep by 6:15

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
FrankDegamma said:
That sounds good John. I too love to cook. The cook book is great idea for the site..... here is a sushi dinner I made with smoked unagi and tuna loin lil while back. Love creating things to eat.

Made some snow goose jerky last weekend and put in smoker last night...some was ready, some needed more time so I put it in dehydrator to finish. The stuff that was done I left on the rack on my workbench and went upstairs. Little later I start down the stairs with zip loc to put it in...the dog comes running up, licking his chops. sob'n dog ate dang near 2 lbs of jerky....
willy
You gotta speak up when your making sushi. I have the urge for a road trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts