The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whoever made the call to throw that ball for the Seahawks is absolutely the worst coach in the NFL.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Thought I saw the worst coaching job ever two weeks ago with Green Bay, but then that was topped 10 fold tonight...

Unreal.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
If it works out they look smart. But Wilson is overrated, his best plays are to put up a prayer and hope a receiver makes a play.

Once they got the lucky break of the tipped pass that falls into the hands of the receiver lying on the ground, it's time to line up your best player and slam it four times and either win it or lose it that way.

Perhaps Pete Carroll was having flashbacks to USC losing the national championship to Texas, when he handed it to Ledell White on forth and two and got stuffed.

Sorry Pete, that was dumb, not to go with Beast Mode on four straight shots up the gut.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
DethFrumAbuv said:
it's time to line up your best player and slam it four times and either win it or lose it that way.
It was second and one.
With 20 seconds left and a timeout. That gives you a chance for 2 runs and a pass. New England isn't exactly known for team toughness, I would think Beast Mode can punch it in with 2 chances. Their D line isn't exactly Greene, Holmes, White and Greenwood.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Yep I moved Tomlin back to no. 2 after that call.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
eddie spaghetti said:
DethFrumAbuv said:
it's time to line up your best player and slam it four times and either win it or lose it that way.
It was second and one.
With 20 seconds left and a timeout. That gives you a chance for 2 runs and a pass. New England isn't exactly known for team toughness, I would think Beast Mode can punch it in with 2 chances. Their D line isn't exactly Greene, Holmes, White and Greenwood.
In that particular situation, the facts don't support popular thought. Beast Mode hasn't been a sure thing. Sure, NE stunk at the goal line stand this year. But, they had their run D on the field. A Coach in todays game calls the game based on the percentages. The probability of being stopped was greater while running than it was with the pass. An incomplete pass on 2nd down, the clock stops (what 19 seconds)? The Hawks have time to set up what they want to do for the next play, no hurry (maybe the clock is down to 11 now). They still have a TO to use if they don't get in, and set up the play they want to run on fourth down. In your scenario, they run on 2nd. If they don't get in, they have to use the TO (at 19 seconds). Otherwise they waste time lining up and communicating the play at the line. At that point, I'm not sure they get the element of surprise on 3rd down. Then, if they don't get in on third down, I'm not sure they get a shot at running a "good" play on fourth down as they will be in hurry-up mode.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Everybody thought Belicheck should have called timeout.
He didnt,they got choked by the running clock.
The defensive player was prepared,and he didnt just bat it down he attacked it and caught it.
Great coaching as usual.
Offensively and defensively.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts