The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity today to go to my first woods walk with a friend at Tomahawk's Rendezvous in York County. All I can say is that I/we had the most fun ever with our black powder rifles. I need to give a lot of the credit to Bob and Wendel for providing nearly a personalized walk. Everyone we met was extremely cordial and more than willing to share ideas and just talk. And above everything else, their welcome made us feel less like newbies and more like part of the group.

It is a great bunch of folks at this club and if you have never visited, you should. It is just a great bunch of people doing what they enjoy the most with an open invitation for anyone else who appreciates the same.

Kudos Tomahawk's - we will be back!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
woods walks are a blast! Everyone is different. If you can Harrisburg Hunters and anglers have woodswalks every sunday for I think 12 weeks. It starts sometime in the middle of Jan.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brewyak - I'm planning on heading to Harrisburg Hunters this January. I have heard a lot of good things on this site about their walk as well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Brewyak is right woodwalks are great most of the clubs that have them ,you will never see all the same targets every club has some different targets and they may even change them so you dont get the same thing time after time . my club has 4 different woods walk and i change the targets all the time make it more interesting so yes they are fun and will help you become a better shot so enjoy and try different clubs you will enjoy yourself

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I cant wait to find some free time when the ribs feels better since I recently realized I can almost walk to the Tomahawk range!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And you should Bunky. It's a great bunch of good people and a fun walk. And apparently it gets funner if you will with special (more challenging) shoots during scheduled woods walks.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Soccer is over the 2nd week of Nov then the schedule frees up some---well after the honey do list too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts