The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever attend a Tomahawk shoot? Been thinking of going, just wondering what to expect.

They are in SE York County a few miles east of New Bridgeville, along Pickle Rd.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice bunch of Guys. Usually a fun shoot. 10 to 12 shot woods walk and maybe some novelties. great location to shoot.
Don't know that I will be able to make that one because of prior commitments.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Zimm-I have been so busy I have made 0 shoots and really need to get to one soon----WITHDRAW!!! That shoot mentioned is 10 minutes from me I think----?? I have a few friends who shoot with them and have heard all good things.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the web site, shooting begins at 10 am with woodswalk at 11:00 am. I understand they shoot from the pouch. Guess I'll dig out the pouch and horn. Not gonna dress traditional though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Zimm, I haven't been to a shoot at the Hawks lately but I am a member and they are a great bunch of guys and you will enjoy yourself not everyone dress's traditonal, have fun and shoot straight. It's always fun to burn some powder!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Can anyone say SPRING-Summer!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have to get our taxes done at 12 PM in New Freedom and my son has a fencing match to attend at 11-3---Im wondering how to clone myself!!! LOL Im trying to figure out if I can put off the taxes till say 4 PM and attend the shoot in the AM.....It might be possible so I will call the tax company tomorrow and try to switch my time.....Ill post tomorrow and let you know Zimm---- Im not complaining about no me time---I gave that up when my wife and I had kids---I do wish there were a few more hours in the day to fit a bit more in like shooting. Archery is easy since I have a 70 yard range next to the house....shooting BP is tough when the kids are home.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Hey---DUMB ME----I just realized the 20th is Sunday----I might be able to make it right after church!!!!! Ill ask the wife whats going on and post tomorrow---If so I will be there around 1230-100

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Ok ---I will look at the site and see what time it ends----Im in and can be there around 1230.........:)

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bunky, what better place to appreciate the Lord's handiwork, than out in the woods on the first morning of Spring. With the birds and spring peepers singing as intended.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Zimm----I agree totally but tomorrow evening I am being comissioned by the MD Emmaus Community for the MD 176 Walk at Camp Wo Me To in Rock State Park....This Sunday I have to be at church.......This is a BIG Honor for me to be on TEAM and it ends in 3 weeks. Its one of the most amazing things Ive been able to do in my life time FOR OTHERS. If any of you have taken this walk then you understand. I will be making the spring shoots so I will hook up with you all then. I looked at site and it looks like they have paper targets too??? I will still drive down to meet up with anyone there at that time just to say Hi---If I cant shoot at that time it will be nice to see the club then head over to Delta Peach Bottom and shoot a bit anyway. Got the garden turned over tonight so I dont have much work needing done Sunday around the house.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did the woods walk with a flinter I'm not accustomed to yet, and seemed to have trouble hitting the close targets, did ok on some long ones. Forgot my pan primer, so I ended up using 3fg in the pan. I think there was a very slight delay using the 3fg as compared to the 4fg. Had a good time AND the spring peepers were out in force.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Zimmerstutzen,

Which shooter were you? I'm Kirk. That was a fun shoot and a nice bunch of guys. I recognized a few guys from Columbia and Boyertown shoots but I'm terrible with remembering names.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was the one that came in dead last. Shooting a walnut stocked poor boy. I brought my flintlock buck rogers gun down to show off afterward. My buddy Mike was shooting the traditions long rifle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts