The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Nice. Makes me miss hunting with the beagles.

·
Banned
266 Posts
Darren what in the world were you shooting lol looks like a 20 gauge with a normal length barrel but a pistol grip. That has to kick hardcore.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup-a 22" barrel and a grip---dosent kick as much as you would think,but i need two hands to hold it steady.
the shells were also homenade,blackpowder with 5 shot

·
Banned
266 Posts
You should measure it out it can have as short of a barrel as 18 inches as long as the overal length is still 26 I believe. You may be able to cut a few inches off the barrel to loose some weight and front heaviness depending on lengths. The. You would have to get it re choked or have to thread it for a screw in choke may not be worth a few inches.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
What was the powder/shot ratio?I noticed the action was popping open.
I really enjoy hunting bunnies with my BP doubles.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
run gun,it is actually lighter than my 14" contender and the longer sight plain makes it easier to hold steady on target.the only thing is with them hr guns is there is no vent rib and no back site which makes them all shoot high,a least the way i hold on a target,takes some practice to get the sighting right.
the reason for the action opening it the gun is designed to recoil straight back,with a pistol grip it actually goes back then down into my hands which torques it open,i shot the same loads out of it with the shoulder stock on and it dosent open and barely kicks.
the load is a shot cups worth of 2ff and a shot cup full of shot.
i made some more with reduced powder,on a powder measure i am gonna try some at 35 grain of 2ff and i used a few more shot for like a magnum load,i wanna spli a bunny in half haha

·
Banned
266 Posts
Haha nice Darren can't wait to see this thing in action looks mean. I know my nephew has a 410 and 20 gauge rossi that have adjustable stocks like an ar on them they are so light it's sick. What type of pistol grip is is on it? I am assuming a Taurus type, or the grip from the new Rossi pistol?

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
WHy does the gun pop open when its fired?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Cool vid. Not to get off track but what type of dog box is that? I have the same truck and bed size. Had a three hole box but did not fit. I run Brittany's my male is big 50-55 lbs but I am sure he would fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts