The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if for no other reason, that the Patriots lost. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
Patriots losing the Superbowl. It almost makes me feel as good as Pittsburgh winning a Superbowl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
Muzz said:
Patriots losing the Superbowl. It almost makes me feel as good as Pittsburgh winning a Superbowl.
It'll do until next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,840 Posts
G-men are quickly becoming my second favorite team. Really liked that Marsha and Bill wouldn't come out for the postgame interviews.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
kudu58 said:
G-men are quickly becoming my second favorite team. Really liked that Marsha and Bill wouldn't come out for the postgame interviews.
What, you expected class from either of them? In reality, it was Brady's arrogant intentional grounding call that cost them big time. Had he not decided that he was above the rule, the Giants would have been forced to hurry along and would have had to score a TD. As it were, they were able to take a bunch of time off the clock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
Muzz said:
Patriots losing the Superbowl. It almost makes me feel as good as Pittsburgh winning a Superbowl.
It'll due until next year.
Honestly, they are the last team I want to see win a SB. I would prefer to see Dallas or SF get #6, or even see Baltimore win a Super Bowl than see New England do it. At least the Ravens play the game the right way, the physical way. I hate them, but at least can respect them. I find nothing to respect about the Patriots. Everything they accomplished was ill gotten, and should be remembered as a black mark on the NFL, similar to how the 1919 Chicago Black Sox are thought of in baseball. It is an embarrassment to all true football fans, and the league should be ashamed of the fact that it happened, and that they covered it up before the Commish's buddy could have gotten into more trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is intersting that the Patriots were caught cheating....and have not won a superbowl since.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
And where has Moose gone?

Moose was in northern Vermont watching the Superbowl and enjoying the outdoors. The pics are in the Outdoor Photo Gallery.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Danesdad said:
It is intersting that the Patriots were caught cheating....and have not won a superbowl since.
Big deal. They lost two Superbowls that they could have easily won. They'll be back, and hopefully with a defense this time. In the meantime though, go Red Sox!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it now seems like thay CANT win without cheating...and it calls into question the SB wins they did get.

Or, another explanation could be: ELI OWNS THEM!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
Lost two Superbowls that they could have easily won.

I guess they thought it would be fair to let the Giants win those two Superbowls, I mean seeing how the Patriots could have easily won them. Lots of logic behind that statement. I'm thinking if they could have easily won them, there would be 2 more lombardi trophies in their possession wouldn't there?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Muzz said:
Lost two Superbowls that they could have easily won.

I guess they thought it would be fair to let the Giants win those two Superbowls, I mean seeing how the Patriots could have easily won them. Lots of logic behind that statement. I'm thinking if they could have easily won them, there would be 2 more lombardi trophies in their possession wouldn't there?
If you understand the game of football which I'm not sure that you do, you realize that it came down to a couple plays in both those Superbowls. If two play happen for the Pats or don't happen for the Giants the outcome would have been different. Or am I talking over your head?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
It seems that their postseason failures have coincided with them not being able to cheat. Would you not agree Moose? Obviously, the cheating gave them an advantage over honest teams. This is shown by the aforementioned postseason disasters, and by the fact that Belicheat continued to expend time and resources on it. He is not going to do ANYTHING that doesn't help him win. It will always cloud what the Patriots claim to have accomplished. It will always cast a dim light on Brady and Belicheat. How does it look when you go from the best team in football, get caught cheating, then you can't find any success? They are the NFL equivalent of the 1919 Chicago White Sox. The Sox had some unbelievable players, and were flat out dominant. But what are they remembered for? Being dirty. Eight men out. Goodell should have done what the NCAA would have--take away the win number for every season they cheated, and strip them of their ill gotten Super Bowls. Pittsburgh, Philly, Indy, St Louis and Charlotte should all be able to sue the organization for economic damages, as it is not a stretch to say that the Patriots cheating cost these cities millions of dollars in revenue that Super Bowls bring. Remember, all 3 Super Bowls came down to 3 points. An unfair advantage can make that difference very easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
*Moose said:
Muzz said:
Lost two Superbowls that they could have easily won.

I guess they thought it would be fair to let the Giants win those two Superbowls, I mean seeing how the Patriots could have easily won them. Lots of logic behind that statement. I'm thinking if they could have easily won them, there would be 2 more lombardi trophies in their possession wouldn't there?
If you understand the game of football which I'm not sure that you do, you realize that it came down to a couple plays in both those Superbowls. If two play happen for the Pats or don't happen for the Giants the outcome would have been different. Or am I talking over your head?
IF the bear wouldn't have stopped to..... well we know the rest don't we? I'm pretty sure "if" Welker would not have dropped that pass the outcome would have been different. "IF" Blackburn wouldn't have made that interception, "IF" Manningham wouldn't have made an awesome catch, "IF" Brady wouldn't have gave up a safety on the first play. If the Pats would've scored more points than the Giants, they could've won. SEE Moose, we can "IF" this game to tomorrow and back and it makes no difference. Seeing how you're talking over my head and you're not sure that I understand the game of football, being the football guru that you are, the only thing that matters is 21 to 17, final score.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,676 Posts
Danesdad said:
A football game never comes down to one play.
....... but sometimes 2 if your name ends in O`Donnell


I about broke my tv over that superbowl. To say I hated the Cowgirls, is an understatement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
I felt the same way about that game. A championship effort from the rest of the team was wasted because of one persons greed. Still, the AFC Championship loss to the Chargers the previous season still hurts a lot more. In my mind, I can at least reconcile a loss to that Cowboys team. They were a great team, with Aikman, Smith, Irvin, and a stud offensive line. There is no excuse for what happened against the Chargers. It pains me even more than the 92 NLCS Game 7 loss, and the Game 7 that the Pens lost to the Islanders. I just wish it had been Jimmy Johnson on the Cowboys sideline instead of Barry Switzer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,401 Posts
Danesdad said:
A football game never comes down to one play.

So the Steelers didn't lose to the Broncos on one play? I seem to remember they did. What if that pass by Tebow would have been a pick 6 instead. Then the Steelers would have won on one play instead of losing on one play.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top