The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
Is there a delay or am I just not getting the stream?

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
Early proposed squirrel season fails to pass. Schlemmer absent so vote 4-3.

Stinks. Was really looking forward to the additional time with the nephew in September. Reasons cited were safey despite one commissioner citing neighboring states with similar seasons and no safety issues.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The video of the meeting is available for viewing off the GC site. Use the link above to watch.

Antlerless allocations occur at near the end of the video.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
dpms said:
Early proposed squirrel season fails to pass. Schlemmer absent so vote 4-3.

Stinks. Was really looking forward to the additional time with the nephew in September. Reasons cited were safey despite one commissioner citing neighboring states with similar seasons and no safety issues.
That is a shame. I guess the facts didn't prevail.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More to the point, those that wanted the change DID NOT CONTACT THE BOC and tell them. But others did.

We all have to be involved beyond talking about things here. in the time it takes to make a post here, you can communicate your desires and opinion where it really matters.

We have to make ourselves heard - pro and con.

That was the differnce in the bushey tail proposal.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Bluetick said:
More to the point, those that wanted the change DID NOT CONTACT THE BOC and tell them. But others did.

We all have to be involved beyond talking about things here. in the time it takes to make a post here, you can communicate your desires and opinion where it really matters.

We have to make ourselves heard - pro and con.

That was the differnce in the bushey tail proposal.
I did contact, but guess it wasn't enough. Maybe next year I will send a few more. I didn't really expect it to get shot down.

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
Bluetick said:
Not buying it. I heard alot of "I" and not "hunters" coming from the commissioners when they expressed their opposition. There was testimony supporting the early squirrel and I do not think any testimony opposing. Heck, pheasant got extended but they wouldn't extend squirrel?

Something stinks here in a big way.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the solution is to go back in December and start the process over again.

The safety issues cited can be midgated by making it shotgun only until the former opening season dates.

As always, the trick is to get those posting here o any issue, to take the three to five minutes and send an email there - with the same thoughts. As much as people say they do - they don't.

·
Registered
18,720 Posts
Bluetick said:
The safety issues cited can be midgated by making it shotgun only until the former opening season dates.
The safety concerns are mitigated by the data from our neighboring states that the opposing commissioners chose to ignore even after Martone brought it up during the discussion.

That really was hard to watch and now hard to comprehend that it is a done deal. This may have been the worst move I have ever seen this group make.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts