1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To lone wolf treestand users.

Hi guys,just wondering if lonewolf climber treestands are
worth what You payed for them?
I've used loggys and My present is a summit.

·
Registered
21,010 Posts
Re: To lone wolf treestand users.

In my opinion yes but I bought my original before the prices went through the roof.Nuttin wrong with a Summit though.If I were buying a new stand,I'd probably spring for a LW but I wouldn't get rid of a Summit for a LW.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Yep. I love mine (hand climber). I still use my others though, my LW is my favorite.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts

Safest stand as far as the bite to the tree on the market.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts

Picked mine up a few years ago off ebay for #170 during the off season. Had a Summit before it. While the Summit is a solid stand the LW is much better IMO.

Just thought of something.... used the LW climber all archery season. The one day I used a hang-on I shot my buck. Just wasn't a good tree in the area to use a climber with. Did use LW climbing sticks to get into the hang-on though, lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My summit doesn't slip near as much as my loggy ,but I
don't have any horror stories like I had with my baker!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

My cousin lost all the skin off of his forearms due to a baker...lol
what a day that was. A cherry tree does not make for a good firemans pole...
I have hangons and a ol man climber which I really like
I can sit in it all day and be safe
I'm 6'2 275 and it works well

·
Registered
540 Posts

If you are not a larger fellow and like to pack flat, they are nice. If you are of substantial size/weighgt and desire max comfort while on stand (not ease of packing), then I would say that they may not be the best choice.

I have a lone wolf wide sit and climb, and am looking to get an API/Summit/Treewalker for better comfort.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

My API's work great, never had a problem with them. I also had a gorilla that was good but a bit heavy. I like leaner stands as I get older and less agile.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts

I have a Lone Wolf and an API. The LW is by far my favorite. Quiet, light weight and packs flat against your back.

Worth the money?? YES!

·
Registered
164 Posts

I have had a LW for years now and Ill never switch to a diffrent stand. Had the logey and summits and to me there is nothing better. Ive climb wet and snow covered trees and have never once had it slip. A number of friends have bought them since trying mine. Remember u get what u pay for

·
Registered
5,576 Posts

they better be good with those price tags.

I keep in touch with the new stands, just for future information. I have a good ole tree stand, that is pretty comparable to the modern tree stands, cost a lot less, and has been totally depreciated for over 10 years.

I've made individual improvements and put on some new foam seating for those 4 plus hours of sitting in a tree stand.

It was just plain old foam at a good price; not designer foam that would have cost more.

Advertisers sure love that designer stuff.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

i have been using the original LW since i was 12 and now im 29. i have had the opportunity to use other treestands like loggy, summit, and some others. i would have to say the LW is the most stable stand i have ever used. it is compact and it doesnt have the other add-ons that you dont need.
I have used the LW in ice storms on poplar trees and it did its job.(kept me in the tree)
just MY opinion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts