The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, to those of you who were fortunate enough to harvest deer this year congratulations, i myself was blessed to take a great 8 point, hunted all two weeks and he was the only deer i saw all season, hunted ohio, illinois, and indiana as well throughout archery, and saw plenty of animals on my trips but this PA buck was the only one i harvested. im just glad i have my health, my family, and im fortunate enough to be able to be in the woods. whether i see anything or not, its just a blessing to be able to spend time in the woods taking it all in!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Congratulations. I was only able to hunt three days during the rifle season due to a work project, and took a doe in a well-populated area not far from Pittsburgh. My 15-year-old did as well. I saw a couple of smaller bucks and was present when a 10-point was taken. It was a fine year.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Congrats on your successful hunting season! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Congrats! My brother was able to take one of our target bucks while Dad and I both filled our anterless tags. It was a grueling 5+ days in the woods for rifle season, but I loved every single second of it.

I would occassionally go days without seeing a deer and get so frustrated. This year was similar to some of the past years, but I did not get frustrated a single time. I think as I get older, and with being so busy in 2012 on top of planning my wedding in 2013, I didn't even care if I saw a deer. I just sat or walked and enjoyed my surroundings. Listening to the flowing streams, birds chirping, squirrels racing across the wooded floor.....there is not a more relaxing place than in the woods!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I didn't take a deer this year, but it was by far the best season I ever had. I had a front row seat to watch my 12 year old son harvest a spike with his bow, out of his tree stand. It was great, and I would gladly give up a buck, just to watch him get one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts