The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, need a new washer. Was looking at high efficiency top loader for the extra room. Figured this would be great for hunting clothes until I read the manuals. I haven't found 1 yet that doesnt say not to wash waterproof or water resistant material. What gives? It it a balance thing? Will it hurt the washer? Your experience please!!! Thanks

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I doubt that the high efficiency models are much different than the older models in terms of how they will affect waterproof clothing. If you can't wash it in a new machine, you probably shouldn't have been washing it in the old one.

The new machine likely has a "delicate" cycle. Perhaps this is the best choice for waterproof stuff. I would also be more worried about the soap used than the machine itself. A hunting detergent that doesn't contain UV enhancers is probably best.

That's todays version of "Hints from Heloise"!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
We got a new HE machine during the holiday sales. I still haven't installed it, as she is trying to use up her regular detergent stockpile. I did check the Atsko Sport Wash and it is approved for HE washers. You can't use just any detergent in HE machines, as it will make too much suds and mess them up. I called Whirlpool, and talked to them about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.