The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new tires for my 4 wheeler. What is a good rough trail and mud tire?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I put Bear Claws on mine last fall. They came recommended but I wouldn't recommend them. I'm not pleased with the traction or the ride. A solid tire couldn't ride any rougher. I even have them a little under inflated and that don't really help. The stock tires on my Honda were much better.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I bought mine thru e-bay. lots to pick from, good prices. I had a local tire shop mount them(I had everything in the bed of the truck ready to go) and it cost me 20.00 for all 4.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Born2hunt , is your 4 wheeler a Polaris? If it is check your local dealership. one near me has a mud , trail tire.not sure of price probably expensive definetly funny looking. it was at either Dons Polaris in Hellam,York county,Pa or Herns in Elizabethtown Lancaster County,Pa.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I bought Kenda Bearclaw HTR and not 100% pleased with them. Should have stayed with Maxxis Bighorn but tried something that was a few dollars cheaper. Both tires will last the life of the quad and each one is an all around great tire.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my Bighorns. Good traction in all conditions and they've lasted a long time.

·
Super Moderator
13,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just purchased Kenda K587......will get back on my review of same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts