The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I come into some money I want to upgrade my atv tires. I have an '08 Brute Force 750. I've never ridden on anything but stock tires but I have some deep mud/swamp on one end of my property that I got stuck in twice recently. I have a winch so it was no big deal but it got me thinking about whether a tire upgrade would make sense.

I do most of my riding on trails and turf so I am not looking for mud tires but would like a tire that would be better in the mud and snow than the stock tires. I read good reviews on the maxxis bighorns and I am leaning that direction.

Here are my questions: Do aftermarket tires make as difference worth the $500 they cost? Should I go with tires bigger than the 25" stock tires?

· Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a recon too. They are fun atvs. Mine was an electric shift. That was my favorite atv in a lot of ways but I wanted something for pulling heavy loads.

As far as the size, it seems like almost all utility quads come with 25" tires from 300 cc to 750 cc. I just wonder if the extra power in a 750 would be better utilized with bigger tires or if the stock tires are 25" because that is the best all around size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.