The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 Xterra that came with suspension lift and presently have B.F. Goodrich tires 18".When I,m ready which other tires would all recommend for combo highway and off road,esp. snow.Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Cooper AT3's in my opinion. I have the ATR's (previous model), and they get the job done all around. Not a peep on the highway but still get you where you need to be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I put the Cooper AT3's on last winter and I thought they did terrible in the snow. I am putting goodyear wrangler duratracks on this winter because I've read great reviews on them for the snow. i have a 14 Chevrolet silverado

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Michelin LTX M & S. If you want a more aggressive tread the Michelin LTX A/T.

Michelin's are expensive, but they are hands down the best tire on the road.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
my wifes wrangler has the goodyear armortrac..she loves them

·
Registered
624 Posts
The Duratracs are a great tire, Ive had luck with them on my suburban. They did not wear great on my 2500 Duramax. I have Hankooks on my Duramax now but cant tell you how they are for snow as I run studded snows. I will tell you they are no good in the mud. While hunting last year in Illinois I thought several times I wasnt getting out of the field.

·
Registered
19,611 Posts
WexfordBowhunter said:
Michelin LTX M & S. If you want a more aggressive tread the Michelin LTX A/T.

Michelin's are expensive, but they are hands down the best tire on the road.
They are worth every penny. Have them on work truck and personal truck and work truck just hit 44k and they look brand new. They get rotated every 4k with oil change but have sunk them in mud on job sites and deep snow and they walked right out. They are also a nice ride on the highway.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Bridgestone dueler AT2. Put a set on the '03 Dodge. I went places (for work) that I should not have gone this winter.

I was throwing roostertails and going sort of sideways at times but Man....those tires will dig

Quiet on the highway but great in the snow......In 4wd, decent on the stinkin' Ice we had for like a month

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just bought some Mickey Thompson MTZ radials and I am really pleased with them.The are excellent on the highways and off road.Havent tried them in the snow yet but they are supposed to handle it well.

I had BF Goodrich KM2s before that and they would dig you half way to China but on just a skiff of snow they really made the pucker factor standout.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have close to 40000 on my cooper at3 and still look good but will get a new set for winter. Driving trough parking lots I alway look to see what other trucks are running and the at3's are definitely the most popular. I will be getting them again if I don't step up to the st max.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
11B4PT2 said:
Have a 2012 Xterra that came with suspension lift and presently have B.F. Goodrich tires 18".When I,m ready which other tires would all recommend for combo highway and off road,esp. snow.Thanks
I have the same problem.. Have a F150 4 X 4 and would like advice on which of the following would you choose.
1. Michelin LTX M&S 2
2. Goodyear Wrangler SR-A
3. Cooper Discoverer A/T3
4. Cooper Discoverer SRX
5. Bridgeton Dueler HL Alenzia Plus

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
EIGHT POINT said:
11B4PT2 said:
I have the same problem.. Have a F150 4 X 4 and would like advice on which of the following would you choose.
1. Michelin LTX M&S 2
2. Goodyear Wrangler SR-A
3. Cooper Discoverer A/T3
4. Cooper Discoverer SRX
5. Bridgeton Dueler HL Alenzia Plus
The Michelin's for sure.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have had a set of Cooper ST Maxx tires on my work truck for a little over a year now, they have around 50,000 hard miles on them, and they still have some life left in them..........they were ran on probably 15 miles of rough rough gravel/stone roads almost every day, along with 120 miles round trip on pavement......

They did good in the mud, and very good in the snow, and I never have had a flat with them yet........I am impressed with them...

BFG makes a similar tire which is there AT KO2 there a few guys running them right now, and they have had no issues either

1 - 20 of 32 Posts