The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire Suggestions?

I'm thinking about getting new tires for my 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500. Right row I have the stock tires on them, but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive. I want a good all around tire for mud, rocky terrain, and hard pack. I was looking at the Interco Swamp Lites, Maxxis Bighorns, or the Sedona Buzzsaws. Anybody have these or just have some suggestions for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Re: Tire Suggestions?

I have mud lite XTR's, they are a radial tire. Smooth ride and 1-1/8" lugs.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

I love my swamplites. I have had them on my bbrute force and just put a set on polaris ranger.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

ITP mudlight xl. Great all around tire and lighter than most mud tires which saves wear and tear on tie rods and bearings.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Bighorns. Probably the most copied tread pattern. I see more of them on bikes when I ride than any other tire. I have had 2 sets of 2 different atv's. They last forever, dig in like no other tire, and are tough. The downside is they are pricey and heavy. The best all around tire IMO

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

Whatever you end up buying , I suggest puting the proper amount of SLIME in each tire . It has saved my day more than once . Nothing worse than a flat miles from home or truck .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts