The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time for new tires on my utility ATV. Seems like everyone goes with the ITP's but I don't want to shortchange myself. I've been looking around and I also like the Maxxis tires. I'm debating on buying a set of nice wheels for the new tires and keeping the old ones on the stock rims for plowing snow and riding on harder surfaces. What are you guys' experiences with tires and where can I get the best price?

· Registered
408 Posts
I run 27 inch maxxis zillas and even though they look aggressive they still ride nice on the trails and high speeds. I have ran bighorns before but wasnt real impressed with them. For the riding I do plus deep snow in the winter and hunting season the zillas work excellent. I bought them through a friend of mine who has a maxxis sponsor because he races and I only paid 120 for 4 new ones. You can buy them from dennis kirk for 300 bucks new in the 27 inch size. As far as rims I run an ITP 312 which looks nice but they take alot of abuse. If you are worried about keeping them nice and not scratching them forget it. I like them fact that they make your stance a little wider for stability.

· Registered
1,274 Posts
Bighorns or Zillas...

Or if you can find them, Interco Vampires.

Chaparral Motorsports (an online website) is a good place. Free shipping on orders over $150... and of course tire orders always are.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Zillas and probably just keep my stock wheels. Question I have now is: I do not want to go bigger on the tires. I have a Polaris Sportsman 700 and the ground clearance is great. No need to go higher. My stock rear tires are 25X11X12. I know the 11 is the width but is that the tire width or the wheel width? The reason I am asking is because I can't find that size. Found 25X10X12 and 25X12X12 but not 11. Will either of these tires work?

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found out my Zillas are on back order and will not be in for about 2 months. I did not want to wait that long so I canceled and ordered the Bighorns. Wish I could have got the Zillas, the price on them was great, but the Bighorns will probably suit my riding conditions better. Now I only got to wait another week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.