The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Yesterday I had Hankook Dynapro’s put on my F150. Reasonably priced and look nice. Has an aggressive tread but just put on about 15 highway miles and the ride was pretty smooth. See what the tread looks like come fall.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
On my 2012 beater vehicle I have Michelin Defender LTX M/S and they were on the Escape when I brought it new in December 2011. I got 75K out of the original set and still would have had enough tread to pass inspection again, but they were rotated every 4,000 miles.
Last year I replaced them with a new set from the FORD dealers and it was a few bucks under 800 for 4 tires, balanced, new stems and a alignment.

They are very quiet and work well in snow or rain.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I've Had three sets of Firestone Destination A/Ts over the years and are my favorite tires. Tried Cooper Discovery At3 in between and didn't like them, could not keep them balanced. Bought a new truck a couple ad had Firestones put on before the truck came home.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I've Had three sets of Firestone Destination A/Ts over the years and are my favorite tires. Tried Cooper Discovery At3 in between and didn't like them, could not keep them balanced. Bought a new truck a couple ad had Firestones put on before the truck came home.
I had purchased E rated Firestone Destination A/T's a couple times for my Duramax. I liked the ride and traction but they didn't wear that well and I got less that 40,000 out of them. Last year I put on Mastercraft Courser AXT's on. 50,000 mile guarantee. They are a little noisy on the highway but traction on snow this year in Potter was great and they seem to be wearing well.

·
Premium Member
23,658 Posts
Yesterday I had Hankook Dynapro’s put on my F150. Reasonably priced and look nice. Has an aggressive tread but just put on about 15 highway miles and the ride was pretty smooth. See what the tread looks like come fall.
Two months ago put same tire on my Chevy Trailblazer. Were highly recommended by my Chevy dealer. Love them!! Also have Hankook's on my Chevy Cruz for over a year now. Very pleased with Hankook's value/quality.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Michelin LTX A/T2 tires - 3 sets so far - all over 80,000. More aggressive than most Michelin tires but not too aggressive you loose gas mileage. They use a softer material that grips better. Ask any shop dealer what their preference is that sell Michelin. They cost more but you get almost double the life out of them. Another plus is when they start to loose tread you don't get any of the noise or vibration like you do with cheaper brands.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Add one more voice to the Cooper crowd. Factory Goodyear tires gave me nearly no traction even when new and wore out all the tread in a ridiculously short time. Replacement Coopers made a very noticeable improvement in traction and wear. Vehicle manufacturers must be making a huge increase in profit in using the junk original equipment tires they seem to be putting on all new vehicles. It seems that they are doing the same thing with brake pads, too, and probably other items on a vehicle.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
My 2006 TRD Tacoma came factory with BF Goodrich a/t they lasted 28k I'm now on my second set of Firestone Destination AT first set I got 51k and 19k so far on my second set.. can't see these not lasting 50 plus k either...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Just traded my last truck in December. It was a 2013 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel. I had 35" Toyo AT2 Extreme on it. I had 57,000 on those tires and they still had about 4/32 tread on them. I loved them and they wore great. No road noise for such a large tire. Traded for a 2018 Ram 2500 but with the 6.4 Hemi. The new truck came with 18" Firestone Transforce tires. As soon as they need to be replaced I am going with the Toyo again as I had such good luck with them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
had Cooper AT3 on my Jeep and now my truck and I must say I hate them. Traction is not good with them on either vehicle. I my get decent mileage out of them and they make be good in the rain but in the mud they aren't what I wanted on either vehicle. The only reason I bought the 2nd set was I had been told they were redesigned to fix the clogging tread. Sorry I think they need another redesign

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I’m running Toyo Open Country AT’s on my newly lifted Tacoma. I like them so far.
Do well in mud, rain, and nice hi way ride. Don’t pick up stones either. Was also considering Falken wildpeaks too, but went with the Toyos.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Just traded my last truck in December. It was a 2013 Ram 2500 Cummins diesel. I had 35" Toyo AT2 Extreme on it. I had 57,000 on those tires and they still had about 4/32 tread on them. I loved them and they wore great. No road noise for such a large tire. Traded for a 2018 Ram 2500 but with the 6.4 Hemi. The new truck came with 18" Firestone Transforce tires. As soon as they need to be replaced I am going with the Toyo again as I had such good luck with them.
I have about 7k on my set. They are louder than the hankook ATMs but they look cooler and ride well. I would consider buying again.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Just put a set of these on Momma's Sierra Z-71. She didn't need a real aggressive tire and the price on these was pretty darned right. Haven't gotten off road with it much...…….. Running the tires I'm used to, I'd likely be pretty disappointed. But for average off-road usage, they'd probably be pretty good. They ride really nice and are quiet on the highway.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts