The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have the bf goodrich mud terrains? if so I was just wondering your thoughts on them and how do wear on the road.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I had them for awhile on my chevy and they where great when new. When they got wore down alittle they where a nightmare on wet roads. I'm thinking it was the bigger tread lugs.Also noisy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've had them before and there a good tire. you have to remember they are a mud tire and they do wear faster than all terrains but if you keep them rotated every 3000 miles they should last 35000-40000 miles

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay thanks guys. Yea I have the rugged trails now and was not too happy with their performance so I was trying to decide between the all terrains or mud terrains

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Hammer: Bearslayer is right. They are a good offroad tire but noisy on the road and they really slip on wet surfaces. I have had the BFG All Terrain and I think they are a perfect compromise between off-road ability and on-road handling. If I had a truck that I used mostly off road or around a farm I might go with the Mud Terrain but if it is a vehicle that is going to spend a large part of it's time on the road, I think the All Terrain is a better choice.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I have the all terrains. I have a F150 that is loaded with work stuff all the time and has a contractor cap on it. I get 65,000 to 70,000 from my these tires. I am on my third set now with this truck. I have only been stuck one time and that was in my back yard. The truck sunk to the axles while loading wood into it. Highly recomend the tire as a great on and off raod tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts