The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been out since the firt day. the weather was not the best didnt catch none. whats some tips for catching them after they been messed with the last few days. i am going out tomorrow prob will be useing mostly spinners and maybe a night crawler. Whats things to look for any advice would be great thanks guys

·
Registered
387 Posts
I dont know what kinda stream you will be in. Or how many fish were stocked and where they were stocked, But I always fish areas that arent so easy to fish and are usually over looked by the first day crowd. I tend to stay away from the giant still water and focus on faster water, Maybe some brush along the edges that alot of people wont rish throwing by. Places you gotta have waders to fish and maybe cross the stream.

Down stream or up stream of areas that get stocked hard like bridges or pull offs. The fish move around yet people seem to stand in one spot. Also I try to use different things then what they would have seen the first few days and have keyed on.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wax worms! fluorocarbon line! small sharp hooks do all them three and your chances are best for catching stocked trout.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
My best advice is throw something at them that they havent seen. Think of how many wax worms, minnows, powerbait, spinners they have seen.

I find this while fishing Fly Fishing only areas. The common flies, besides Beadhead pheasant tail, are not that productive, put something out there that just came out of my head and no one else has, and I have success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts