The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys that like to cook. When you want to make a broth or stock or add beef flavor to a broth I recommend using OXO cubes, it is a product from England, it is not a salty boullion cube full of salt it is a cube f beef, chicken of vegie flafor that you can crumble between your fingers. I wouldn't be without it in my cubbard. It is hard to find bt you can get it on line. I buy mine here.
http://www.foodireland.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=oxo

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hmm. Ill have to try em...I have been using that better than boullion paste though is salty as heck. The tip you mentioned to me about adding olive oil to butter so it doesnt burn when u are browning is something i never thought of.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
yup, another choice is the "soup base" you find in most mexican markets. it's not as salty as bouillon and the flavor is very good

·
Administrator
30,169 Posts
FrankDegamma said:
Hmm. Ill have to try em...I have been using that better than boullion paste though is salty as heck. The tip you mentioned to me about adding olive oil to butter so it doesnt burn when u are browning is something i never thought of.
That's an old trick! Basically, what it does is raise the flash point of the butter allowing you to cook it at a higher temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts