The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats it look like guys? Have a place in Arnot outside of Blossberg, Mansfield, Wellsboro area.

Judging by some of the snow cameras in the county some areas have some snow left and others are clear. My guess is the area I'm in still has decent snow.

Trying to judge on when get up and frost seed.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I am in northern Bradford and most of our snow is gone. Calling for 1 to 3" on Friday, and a cool week ahead of us. I bought my seed this week, but will probably hold off a bit before I frost seed.

·
Registered
24,733 Posts
I have bare ground to 9" depending on cover and sun exposure as of Wednesday.

then there is this...

<span style="font-style: italic">... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 am to 6 PM EDT
Friday...

The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 6 am to 6 PM
EDT Friday.

* Locations... all of northeast Pennsylvania and Sullivan County
New York.

* Hazards... snow.

* Accumulations... 3 to 5 inches of snow with up to 6 inches in the
higher elevations of southern Luzerne and Lackawanna counties.

* Timing... snow will spread across the area during the early
morning hours and continue through late afternoon.

* Temperatures... in the lower to middle 20s then rising into the
upper 20s to lower 30s by afternoon.

* Winds... southeast 5 to 10 mph.
</span>

Bradford/Tioga line...15 miles N of Mansfield @1800 ft.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, looks like more snow tomorrow for sure, and I'm assuming my place still doesn't have any bare spots. Putting off frost seeding until maybe April, trout season?

·
Registered
25,473 Posts
Hey, if ya decide to go up anyway, feel free to swing up by my place and move the 3' of snow at the top of the driveway for me? I'm too old to shovel that much snow.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DennyF said:
Hey, if ya decide to go up anyway, feel free to swing up by my place and move the 3' of snow at the top of the driveway for me? I'm too old to shovel that much snow.

Let me come hunt with you in that sweet setup next year and it's a deal!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was up at my place on the 15th and found at least a foot of snow in the driveway and two foot on the porch. The metal roof let go and had piled up the remnants in front of my door. Still not a bad place to visit.

Big D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Over the weekend Wellsboro got roughly an inch of snow. I have no clue where 7" of snow fell up here last weekend, I think someone was pulling an early April Fools Joke. On some of the hills there is still about 2-4" of old snow on the ground. The rain scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday will remove what's left, but they are calling for more snow this Friday but I doubt it will amount to more than a dusting.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've been out running the dogs looking for woodcock. As of yesterday, the conditions vary greatly, from bare ground to 12" of snow. Most of the ground is still frozen. The rain forecasted for today & tomorrow will help things thaw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts