The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally stick to a low carb way of eating, but usually don't do so well from Halloween through New Years

Not doing much any hunting this year, which means being less active, all the extra snacking is catching up to my waistline!
The worst part of it though is that I tend to develop one heck of a sweet tooth. Now it's time to pull it!!
Going back on a strict low carb regime, and will start increasing the "good" carbs after my pants loosen up some

I've been eating low carb for about ten years now, and have kept the 40 pounds I dropped back then off. My bloodwork stays great now, and BP hasn't been a problem since. Only issue is when I start raiding the kids' halloween bags

I'll post my progress weekly.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Me too. My goal is to take off 50 lbs by summer. The low carb thing used to work great for me. The weight would melt off but as I have gotten older, it doesn't seem to work like it used to. I'm going to try a semi vegitarian regiment and limit my meat consumption to venison, chicken and fish. I'll also curb the carbs and wheat gluton as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Week one weight, -3 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday weigh in resulted in only 1 less pound. Ate a lot of cheese last week, so cut that out. Will see what next week brings.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Never say "only" man!! I`ll take -1 pound a week steady than 0 or gains
Keep it up

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, a pound lost is better than a pound gained, I shouldn't have used the word only.

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-2 this week!
Happy with the weight loss, but even better that I've broken the snacking habit again, and even tightened the belt another notch!

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No weigh in this week, mainly cause I forgot yesterday

But it probably wasn't going to be good anyway since last week was our 4 year olds birthday, with two parties and lots of cake!

But back on track again.

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Cake is the (devils) food-pun intended
Try avoiding the sweets at the next party you are at and if you can beat that one, the next parties get easier and easier man

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
If I could only do away with sweets I would not even have to go back to WW, but WW is that forces me to change.....

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I finally got around to weighing myself and I'm down 20 lbs from the first of the year. 30 to go by June.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
BcozHunter said:
usually don't do so well from Halloween through New Years
My problem is from Halloween through Easter

My sugar was up recently due to the dozen homemade peanut butter eggs I ate in a weeks time.

My doctor said to drop the sweets but I didn't tell him yet why my sugar was up. I know one thing when I don't eat sweets as much my waist gets smaller and smaller. When turkey season gets here i'll drop a lot too yet gain more muscle from all the hiking I put in while hunting, not to mention the gun and 30 lbs of junk I carry in my vest helps too.

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I take a break from sweets from New Years, then pick up again for Easter!

The hardest thing here are the baked goods. The Germans have us beat, hands down, when it comes to good bread and cake. It's hard enough getting past the bakeries without stopping for something, but my wife makes quite a bit of her own too!

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
Bcoz, do they eat good bread over there? I prefer a high quality multi-grain bread. I have also had some that were way too rich and kind of dry and they were supposidly German style. That was here though.

·
Super Moderator
26,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They make a lot of multi-grain breads, as well as some plain white rolls, baguettes, etc. Difference between our bread and theirs is that they don't put sugar in like we do. I never realized how sweet our breads are until I came here.
The hardest part of eating low carb here, is missing out on some great breads!! But because there's not a lot of extra stuff in them, I don't feel guilty when I do eat some. Hands down they got us beat on bakery goods!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts