The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
A kid in York County got a misdemeanor weapons on school property charge for a multi-tool pliers with a 1.5 inch blade in the handle. Farm kid forgot to take it out of his jacket before going to school. The same asst. principal tried to have a kid arrested for a "P-38" can opener on a key chain.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I honestly don't know why anyone is allowed to even move between rooms in their own homes w/o permits filed for months in advance, careful scrutiny by and permission from the police, and without constant surveillance.

Think of how many people have killed folks in their own homes with knives. Many had to get a knife from one room, then walk to another room.

If it saves only one life...

And driving. Anyone see a pattern here? Newtown, CO, this knife guy, all the rest. They had to DRIVE to where they committed the murders.

Why not a massive system of random/rolling roadblocks? Every car- have to show your papers, explain your business, open your trunk, glove compartment, any bags, be interviewed briefly by a team of LE experts trained to detect nervousness or other non-verbal cues that would indicate some sort of guilt.

We should support this, right after we get all of Feinstein/Obamas anti-gun laws passed. We should also have mandatory knife registration and require all knives of any sort have records akin to "ballistic fingerprints" (maybe slicing fingerprints?), and perhaps GPS units embedded in the handles. Nobody can carry a knife outside of their own property w/o a knife permit. Workers who need box-knives should have to undergo extensive background and psychological tests as well.

BH

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
I can understand a P-38 - lost more than a little blood when ever I had a new one........

Things are just off the rockers.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Top knife companies under fire. A spokesman for Buck, Gerber, and Old Timer stated today they will consider moving business elsewhere depending upon the decision of congress whether to ban knives or not. This coming shortly after President Obama and Dianne Fienstien proposed a 1545 different style of knives that are too dangerous to be in common folk hands. Anything with a fixed blade, lock blade, or the extremely dangerous "switch" blade could be ban, this could include paring and butter knives.

All joking aside, they should've stomped that nuts head into the ground when those students got hold of him.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
From my point of view, the stuffed animals would be enough for someone to interview him. But then, with our all inclusive PC society I don't know what actions could be taken even if the guy was found to be a total whack. I suppose that in the long run he could get his hands on a pointed and fire hardened stick and do some damage with this too.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
A knife, a hammer, a screwdriver - doesn't matter all kill each year and stat's are kept on their use for that purpose.

Rather, someone uses the inanimate objects to kill.

The only common denominator is someone applied thought, irrational or not, and made a conscious decision to take the action.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
The point, no pun intended, I was trying to make was that anything can be a weapon. It's the person holding the object that is the problem. If you want to find another hobbie, have at it.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
A knife, a hammer, a screwdriver - doesn't matter all kill each year and stat's are kept on their use for that purpose.
2011 FBI stats showed 2x as many people were murdered with "hands and feet" than the # of folks killed with all long guns combined......

BH

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Bumblehick said:
2011 FBI stats showed 2x as many people were murdered with "hands and feet" than the # of folks killed with all long guns combined......

BH
But to the Libs, they aren't as scary, don't make as much noise and its easier to scare people into banning guns and disarming the American people.

Albeit, the new laws won't work any better than the current ones, (especially with the bleeding heart Libs falling all over themselves freeing thugs and going after law abiding citizens) but they sure do like making completely unless points about the matter they have ZERO clue about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts