The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really hopin we get some rain.... SOON!!!! My Brassicas are in critical condition. Clover still looks good, but has kinda stalled out. I planted about 20LB's of B.O. Sunflowere and they sprouted like weeds, but now they are turning yellowish

I'm rackin my brain tryin to come up with a practical way to get water to these plots, short of string 12 hoses together

Hope you all's plots are fairin better than mine right now!!

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Out here, it looked like some rain coming Saturday?

I'm gonna do some planting next week. I've always had good success with rain coming right on the heels of my planting. Heck, I've sown seed IN the rain at times. Works well, if you can keep yer seeds dry.

·
Registered
125 Posts
all my plots are lush and green growing as fast as the deer are eating them.,,planting almost another 4 acres this weekend and very excited some of these are my plots...finally...

·
Registered
125 Posts
not sure where you all stand on things that really matter, but i never sow a seed with out praying over them all, you should rent the movie FAITH LIKE POTATOES no rain needed when you have faith that God will take care of you. from the leas to the greatest of issues... nothing is insignificant to him were we are conserned. i hope all your plots turn out better than what you expect and they lead to harvesting great bucks and seeing even more.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talk to the Big Guy nearly every time I'm outdoors. Just happy to be out there!!

I was planning on planting this weekend but I may hold off another week to see what Mother Nature has in store!

I have a homemade mix of Pulsar Rape, Dwarf Essex Rape, Purple Top Turnips, and 7 Top Turnips that I am anxious to get in the ground!!

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neighbors thought I was crazy when they saw me with the loincloth on, banging on the Bongo's!!

I went ahead and planted some seeds last evening in anticipation of some moisture.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its coming!!! I planted last Thursday and I've got sprouts starting today!! Gonna try and get some more seed in the ground this weekend.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm tilling up the brassicas I planted in the spring. the lack of water has them purple and looking bad
luckily it was a smaller field and not much was lost.

I'm going to respray it, loosen up the dirt and re-seed with some forage oats.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Manpower

we've got an old Farmall to do the cutting /plowing/discing but after that its been all handwork. a lot of raking and then more raking!!

We've been liming/fertilizing/seeding with a broadcast spreader and spraying by hand. I'd love to get some more equip. in the future.

·
Registered
125 Posts
planted and guess what RAIN GOD NEVER LETS ME DOWN... a perfect rain at that not heavy just right... happy plotting guys and hope you all tag that monster....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts