The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brute light is the one I am looking at.
Any one have one? How do you like it? I need something lite to carry as a few health problems restrict me. Any advise as to what is lite and good?

Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
778 Posts
I dont think they get much lighter than a lonewolf...and if they do, I doubt they match a lonewolf's quality. I know they are expenseive but will be satisfied.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I own both and my Lone wolf is the one I use.The TT actually is lighter but it doesn't carry as nice as the LW.Nothing wrong with a TT but the LW is much better.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have the legend lite and love it. I walk a good mile up the mountain every morning where I hunt and never mind it on my back. My father is 69 and has the brute lite and I know he wouldn't trade it for the world, and yes sorry but by all means the quality is there and the comfort for that all day sit.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I'm not bashing the stands at all.I think they're decent.I actually have a legend brute lite and a baby lite.I gave the brute lite to my BIL a couple years ago when he started bowhunting again.The baby lite I use during rifle season because it has a rifle rest on it.They're lite but they aren't as light as they advertise.Still,they're lighter than just about anything else out there.I do like them for hunting with a rifle because of the rest,you have a place to lay your gun on and they're plenty comfortable.They aren't my first choice for bowhunting however.I hate having a bar around me when I bowhunt.I also like the fact that I can set up my lw and get 20 feet in the air much more quiet and fast.The LW is actually a little heavier but they pack so nice,that they just feel lighter than they are.I think a TB would be a real good choice for use with a crossbow.

I only use the TT for rifle season but it will be a good climber when my son is old enough to use it.Nothing at all wrong with them.I'm glad I have one but it won't replace my Lone wolf.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've used a treelounge for a number of years now and really like it. Super light (don't know how it compares to others though), easy to climb with, and pretty comfy, though every year I swear I'm going to get my daughter to sew me a pad for it. It has a number of attachments- rifle rail, gun rest, bow stand, etc. Since I've only used it for rifle, I tried to keep it a light as possible and left most of the extras off, only keeping the gun rest.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I have 7 tree stands. The Brute is the one I use to carry in and hunt public lands, where I carry in and out the same day. Light and easy, been using it about 8 years since my open heart surgery.

I'm not sure I like the self-leveler. Doesn't hurt but I usually get them level without it.

Never thought of the Timbertall as cheaper than anything!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts