The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took a chance.Monday I tilled the garden and soil was nice! Tuesday I thought and took a chance and planted Sugar Peas.Guess I'll wait and see. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Good luck,I hope they don't come up too early.I think next month will hold some frosty days.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I got some cabbage, romaine, white Spanish onions, early girls, and fourth of July coming up. Still waiting on darn peppers and some brandywine seeds.

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Rather chilly and snowy in Pa today for most garden veggies.410-er how those sugar peas doing?Should have planted snow peas.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peas are fine.Sleeping in ground just waiting.Also planted Leaf Lettuce,and Spinach just before snow hit.Co-worker said his are bumped up.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And gonna be for awhile the way it looks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I haven't done any tilling yet, but here's what I have so far. About 30 peppers, 70 tomatoes and a few herbs and asparagus from last year. I started everything from seed some of which my mother saved from her heirloom plants. I did have 35 cabbage, but the tobacco plant we overwintered had aphids and they moved into the cabbage seedlings. Have to start more today.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just had to take a peek at the Sugar Peas.Scratched a little area out and YEP, they are sprouted!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Put lettuc and spinach in today. Got tomatoes, bell and jalapeños started last night. Can't believe it's that time of year again!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Got 2 lbs. onion sets, some rutabaga seeds, and kolrabi seeds in yesterday. Have some cabbage and Spanish onions I started in Feb. ready to go in. Tomatoes need replanting again, about 15" high, too big for the yogurt cups. Green and yellow bell peppers looking good. Sweet potatoes in water on windowsill starting to root nice, with slips starting to grow.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
No go for getting the onions in. Been raining for 3 days straight here. Tomorrow looks like a nice break to hopefully get em in. Seeds I started last week are up and growing like mad. Good start so far.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I'm going to till tonight and maybe get some lettuce, peas onions and collards in this week.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts