The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Cant help with the 25 06 but my t3 hunter in 308 is a hammer. Four shot groups at about .75 @ 100yds and still nicely under MOA at 200 and 300yards. I dont like the plastic trigger gaurd. Dont loose the mags LOL $60 a pop at my local shop. Nice clean light adjustable trigger and very accurate and light weight just hate the plastic trigger gaurd

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I bought he same gun when they came out with the stainless version.I forget the exact load but I worked up a load with 100gr barnes triple shocks.Itwas the most accurate load and rifle I ever owned.It would literally shoot every load into a little tiny ragged hole at 100 yards.Like a fool,I wanted a different gun and sold it.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I have the T# stainless with laminate stock in 243. Its a great shooting gun. very smooth bolt action and is great to clean after the season. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
We have two T3's. One in 270WSM the other in 30-06. Both are 3shot 1/2" and 5shot 3/4" group rifles with handloads and factory loads.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear this!! I'm gonna pick up the 25-06 tomorrow. Any advice on factory loads? I have no experience with this caliber

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
IMO one of the best on the market. I have a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 270 WSM. It is without a doubt one the most accurate high power rifles I have ever owned. Will shoot 1/2" 3 shot groups and not just one time either! I am sure you will like it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
With the 25-06 choice of bullet weight including factory loads depends a lot on rate of twist. My rem 700 likes 100+ grain bullets and I can't get it to shoot a tight group with 75 gr.

·
Registered
340 Posts
it's a Sako! enough said!!! Friend gave me a paper one time and don't know where he got it but it said, at some point in life every man should own a john deere tractor and a sako rifle ! Don't have a J D yet but own at least 12 Sakos and they are accurate!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You won't find a more accurate and smooth rifle for the price! Winchester Silvertips shoot great!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one and love it. Usually shooting 110gr Accubonds with, I believe, RL19. Can't remember the amount of powder. My only complaint is I wish it had a 24" barrel. Great gun!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Bluemoonfox said:
You won't find a more accurate and smooth rifle for the price! Winchester Silvertips shoot great!!
X2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts