The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to say i sighted in a couple of rifles today, my rem 700 3006 i've used since 74 and a tikka T3 in 243. this was my daughter's gun but she stoppped hunting, so i decided to use it as a back up gun. the 700 sighted in in 5 shots, just like normal. the 243 took a few more, going from my daughter to me. however what i really like was the 1st 2 shots were a little less than 1 in. apart, the next 2 afer an adjustment were about .75 in apart. adjusted again and the 2 shots were touching, last adjustment 2 shots looked like 1 hole. and this was with factory 100gr corelok. this is 1 accurate gun. make you feel good when the gun puts it where you aim.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i have one that i bought 2 years ago for coyote hunting. i love that gun. smoothest bolt action i ever felt. and it does shoot incredible. i want to get another one in a larger caliber for deer/bear.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Is it a wood stocked Tikka ? Mine will shoot most anything into little wee groups. Love the Palm swell Pistol grip. The only thing I have to watch out for is to be sure to pull the Bolt back far enough to eject the fired casing. If I don`t it will jam. It`s also in .243.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I had the T3 Lite which is synthetic. I believe the Hunter model is the wood stocked Tikka.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the laminate stock, a very nice looking gun. i'm partial to the older 700's but this T3 is really changing my mind.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Have a pair of T3 Lites, a 6.5x55 and a .30/06....bought them for foul-weather hunters....cannot imagine a more accurate production rifle....IMO, Sako produces some of the best factory barrels available and these two rifles support that opinion....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts