The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this question on another section but ill try it here.going to buy a camp in tidioute hunt gamelands 86 which I hunted as a kid 20 some years ago is the deer hunting still good? or in polk haunting gamelands 39 any info from you guys on the hunting or areas are welcome

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I don't have any input on the Polk area other than it's a whole lot more farmland type than SGL 86 or 29 or the ANF.

You have to define 'good deer hunting' though. What some consider good I do not. What I consider good some call cheating. What exactly are looking for? Lots of deer seen with few shots. Three deer seen in a week? Getting one opportunity a season? Knowing every time you step in the woods you have a reasonable chance to see something? Stand hunter? Still hunter that likes to see lots of country? Etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a stand hunter and seeing deer I have 3 young kids so I need to see some deer last year I hunted gamelands 86 saw over 20 deer and my dad and I had 2 bucks by 9am but that was in 1994 so just wondering knowin the amount of deer you see a day has gone down but dont want to not see anything

·
Registered
108 Posts
Times have changed....big time. In some ways for the good, some ways for the bad. Honestly you'll be lucky to see 20 deer in a rifle season now, let alone by 9. That said the bucks are much larger than they were 25 years ago. Don't expect to see 20 deer in a day or you will be very disappointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts