The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that Turkey`s can carry Ticks, so be careful when you put that bird over your shoulder to carry it out...….

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
...don't forget about carrying lice also

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I have slung no less than 170 gobblers over my shoulder, and never had a tick of lice problem.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have slung no less than 170 gobblers over my shoulder, and never had a tick of lice problem.
You da man I`m impressed....When I was in Vietnam back in 68, I had over 170 bullets whiz by my head as well and I never got hit, but I cannot say that for all who fought.....

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
What a ridiculous, rude and disrespectful analogy to the soldiers who didn't get missed.!

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
I use a turkey tote to carry them out. I assume my Sawyer's Permethrin works if they come off the grass or off a turkey.

I did get one tick last week while hunting OH, in spite of my sprayed pants, shirt and taking a shower when I got home.

However, I could have acquire it from my yard in a routine walk through...they are everywhere by the numbers.

Lots of gnat's this AM.

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
I didn’t know there were turkey ticks!!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
About all birds harbor lice and ticks. I once wound up with a louse abut an inch long and a half inch wide in my hair after handling an injured Tundra swan. I felt something tickling my scalp and I ran my fingers through my hair and I felt this bit thing but I could not pull it out because it was so flat I could not grab it. I had to pull my vehicle off the road and comb the thing out. Kina gave me the Willies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts