The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of guys using thumb releases at the 3D shoots I go to. What are the benefits of using one?
I'm currently using a Scott's Mongoose for hunting and a Tru-Ball tension release for 3D shoots. I must admit the Tru-Ball is taking a lot of time getting used to when I'm on the line ready to shoot.
When I'm in my basement shooting into a bag, it's perfect. I tried a thumb release many years ago, but quickly abandoned it because it just didn't feel right.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you can shoot a back tention you can shoot a thumb release. Basicaly it is shoot in the same consept. To be truethful with ya, all the years of 3-d shooting and compitions I have been in alot of these guys will admit they use these because they can't get used to a true back tention release. Some people like to know when that bow is going off. If you can shoot a true back tention stick with it, it is a much simpler release and less moving parts making it more reliable. As far as hunting IMO you can't beat your Scout Mongoose! Good Luck and shoot straight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts