The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to try a thumb release this year. To those of you that use them do you use one with or without a rotating head?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I switched over 3 years ago to a thumb style release. I originally bought a tru fire 4 finger where the head did not rotate. I used it for a year and ended up switching to a tru-ball boss x 4 finger with a rotating head. Having a head that rotates allows me to position my hand without putting any torque or twist on my d-loop.......... On a side note, i think that the tru-ball is a 10x better made release than the tru-fire. Looking back, its better to spend the extra 50-60$ up front and end up with a much better release.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have several different releases, but my two favorite are the Scott Exxus and Scott Longhorn Hunter which is a hinge. The Exxus and Longhorn have close to the same frame so I can switch back and forth between the two and still have the same feel. The Exxus does not have a swivel head, but is very adjustable and crisp. It also has sound dampning to deaden the trigger sound for hunting. The Exxus is a little harder to load on a string loop at first if compared to a caliper type thumb release, but for hunting it will be already attached to your loop anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts