The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.. One that catches fish!
2. One that catches trees, bushes, and rocks!
3. One that catches the fisherperson!

There are times I will try new kinds of lures or bait only to end up in category # 3.

Some of this stuff is expensive bait too.. Let the buyer beware... That is why it's good to ask questions here on the Fishing forum.. Things like hatchery type dust that as soon as you throw it out it is never more... Wow some of these fake rubber lures in liquid too.. Some of those things are like $9.00 to $18.00 s jar yet..
Maybe we fall prey to many of the fish replica baits.. They look good to the fisherperson more then a fish... The lure has fins and marking of let say a rainbow trout... Rubber frogs.. oh now some of them don't even float right on the water... I never went wrong with a Heddon named lure...They always seem to catch fish... Why some aren't even made anymore and they were so good...Like the Tadpoly! wow did I ever catch trout on those Tadpoly when trolling on our state trout lakes..

·
Registered
261 Posts
No doubt lures can be used very effectively. But theres also
no doubt they are designed primarily to catch fishermen, and
marketed by fishermen who get paid to promote them.
Would you feel comfortable in taking a week long trip to a
remote area of Quebec for example, with just 3 types of lures with enough spares to cover losses, but all of each in just one size and color?

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
yobuck 1 said:
No doubt lures can be used very effectively. But theres also
no doubt they are designed primarily to catch fishermen, and
marketed by fishermen who get paid to promote them.
Would you feel comfortable in taking a week long trip to a
remote area of Quebec for example, with just 3 types of lures with enough spares to cover losses, but all of each in just one size and color?
Yes.
Beetle spin
Spinner bait
Bomer fat a.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have dozens of crankbaits, lures, and spoons, all have caught fish at one time or another. Some work on certain days, some work more consistently than others. IMO, part of what it's all about is trying to figure what is going to work on any given day. I pick most of mine up at yardsales or flea markets to keep the cost down. If I buy a lure that's a loser, eventually the lake is going to take it from me, and I won't bother replacing it when the time comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.