The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
What county are you finding all these mushrooms you're posting? I'm in Warren county and hven't found anything yet except a couple puffballs. I talked to my neighbor who is 72 years old and he said he never finds many shrooms up this way. I may have to move!!

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, they are a top shelf mushroom...even used as a flavor enhancment to fine wine by just dropping them in the bottle...the opening segment of Gordon Ramsey's Hill's Kitchen shows a few trumpets being dropped in a bottle of wine...you can't get a better endorsement than that.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bearclaw said:
What county are you finding all these mushrooms you're posting? I'm in Warren county and hven't found anything yet except a couple puffballs. I talked to my neighbor who is 72 years old and he said he never finds many shrooms up this way. I may have to move!!

I made a 100 mile sweep this past Sunday and crossed into several counties but all I'll say is Warren was not one of them.

It's a form of Sunday Hunting that I enjoy and hope to for many more undisturbed years.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
Ripnmax said:
....just starting to get good for finding Trumpets in the leaves..

I found some of these today while in the woods but they are dying, i'll keep a mental note where they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts