The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on putting a red dot
On your turkey shotgun?

I have my Benelli supernova and was thinking about putting a Burris fast fire 3 on it? Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
The best thing I ever did was to put a Burris Fastfire with a speed bead mount on my 870. It's just perfect for a turkey gun.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
i put a Sig Sauer romeo 5 on my shotgun. it helped center my pattern. i killed a bobcat at 45 yards with # 4 buckshot. cant wait to try that red dot for turkeys.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
I only do it if poa and poi don't line up.
I had a Browning auto gold that I put red dot scope on. Killed a bunch of stuff with it. Prefer just a bead for hunting turkeys though.

·
Super Moderator
13,514 Posts
I started with just the bead on the barrel, then a 1X4 and now a Burris Fast Fire III.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
I've been using one for well over ten years. Both my Benelli SBE2 and Mossberg 835 sport an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot scope on top of them. The Aimpoints are practically indestructible, can withstand the heaviest recoil and get 50,000hrs battery life. I also put a Burris FFIII on my daughter's Mossberg 510 mini Turkey Thug. I hunt predators at night at night and the red dots work great for that situation as well.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
I use a Fastfire III on one of my shotguns

1 - 15 of 15 Posts