The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I just purchased a 1976 Browning BT-99 with hard case. It is a 34" fixed IM barrel with factory installed gracoil butt bad and a competetion forend. Overall I would rate it at around 90% average with some minor handling wear on the receiver and a few minor scratches in the wood. I paid $700 for it and feel like I got a good deal. Looking forward to taking down my first 25 with it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i have seen you shoot and even a kreiger wouldnt make you break 25 in a row

remember its not the putter its the puttee

·
Registered
955 Posts
Practice, Practice Practice, don't just shoot for fun, work on the stations that give you fits, once you learn how to break them,lock it in to your memory. The BT-99 is a gun that'll last a life time and break many 25's in a row.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
There are several BT 99's for sale at Seneca Arms in Green Lane. Including mine. I no longer have a use for a single barrel trap gun, especially since I am now concentrating on sporting clays.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i might have to go up there, last time i was there he said a few of his consignment guns were overpriced so i didnt even bother looking at them

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
My BT 99, with the exception of a small nick on top of the breach block is LNIB (and in face IS in the origianal box) and it's priced to sell. I also have a 303 Enfield and a Winchester Mod 50 there on consignment as well. I need to moves some stuff out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
OK, at the risk of sounding even more directionally challenged, where is that in relation to Philadelphia? Is it manny miles away?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Never mind, thanks to Google, I just answered my own question, 42.3 miles to 116 Gravel Pike Lane. I'm gonna check it out one day soon. I have to survive the holidays first

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Otter,
The I think jim's dad's is the one with the extened choke tube because he says it had the box and I noticed on the tag on that one it said it included the box.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
No, I took out the Briley choke and inserted one of the original flush chokes it came with. The gun has white nylon spacers (washers) supporting the adjustable cheek piece.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
BT-99, excellent gun. Best thing is Brownings are built to last. As us Browning fans say, "Brownings don't break". Only minor problem you may encounter is misfires due to worn out springs. Easy and inexpensive fix. When the gun fits you, you'll break birds. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I sold an older BT to a youngster who shot his way to the 27 and All American Junior team with it....he ran them from the 27 at the Pa State shoot with it one year.....

Great guns....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts