The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Camx for a couple of seasons now. I've always used a discharge bag to unload, and a bolt I got with my old crossbow for that purpose. Well last fall as I was discharging my bow I heard a loud crack. The bolt was shattered, broken off at the fletch, and my string was broken. I had the bow checked at a local archery shop and fortunately there was no damage to the limbs (Camx is one tough bow!). Point is, to use a comparable bolt that conforms to the specs of your crossbow at all times.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Love my CamX crossbow. There are about a solid as you can get in the crossbow world. Hopefully, they update their front end a bit and add a touch more speed in the future.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Point is, to use a comparable bolt that conforms to the specs of your crossbow at all times.
Great point. I use one of the three aluminum bolts that came with my Tenpoint package for discharging into a bag target but I practice and hunt with the Victory carbons I got from Arrowhead.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love my CamX crossbow. There are about a solid as you can get in the crossbow world. Hopefully, they update their front end a bit and add a touch more speed in the future.
Faster than the 335 FPS for their newest bow?

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
Faster than the 335 FPS for their newest bow?
Yep. The CamX is a solid bow that I recommend and love. But, with a $1000 price tag, it really needs a front end upgrade and another 30 fps at a minimum if they want to get some real market share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts