The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of buying a Boyds stock. Any experences with them good or bad??? Do they help accurcey? Are they worth the money? Any help will be appricated.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I am ordering my third tomorrow. They are running 10 off until the 6th for the holiday. Are they as easy as an aluminum block one. No, but I have them glass bedded. I like them especially the thole models

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alumunm block ones? And glass bedding helps with accurey?

·
Registered
638 Posts
boyds has nice stocks for the money.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Allot of your high end stocks have an aluminum block molded into the stock for perfect mating of the stock to the receiver. This does help accuracy. Yes on some guns glass bedding the stock does help improve accuracy. Not a cure all and not every gun needs it, but it can turn a good gun into a great gun

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ConfusiousSays said:
Allot of your high end stocks have an aluminum block molded into the stock for perfect mating of the stock to the receiver. This does help accuracy. Yes on some guns glass bedding the stock does help improve accuracy. Not a cure all and not every gun needs it, but it can turn a good gun into a great gun
so glass bedding is not alwasy needed? and putting a boyds on a brand new gun wount effect it to much?

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
If your out to seek the most out of your equiptment everything in a bolt action should be glass bedded. You are getting 100% fit and stress relieving in this application. I try to squeeze everything possible out of my rifles and is a must to me. Its tweeking the fine lines that gives the ultimate accuracy possible. I have seen some people just change stocks for various reasons and no bedding, thats there choice and lots of times work out.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
outofstater said:
If your out to seek the most out of your equiptment everything in a bolt action should be glass bedded. You are getting 100% fit and stress relieving in this application. I try to squeeze everything possible out of my rifles and is a must to me. Its tweeking the fine lines that gives the ultimate accuracy possible. I have seen some people just change stocks for various reasons and no bedding, thats there choice and lots of times work out.

Unless of course your rifle shoots best free floated. Then glass bedding doesn't help.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
*Moose said:
outofstater said:

Unless of course your rifle shoots best free floated. Then glass bedding doesn't help.
Somewhat true, however glass bedding the action would almost certainly help in that case.

·
Banned
751 Posts
If you glass bed the action only it free floats the barrel, so how would that not help a rifle that shoots well free floated?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts