The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was comparing the new venture rifle to the marlin xs7 i was going to order in 243. Has anyone ever shot or heard good or bad things about the T/C venture? I can get a new XS7 Marlin for 280 in the box or spring another 60 bucks and for 340 get a venture in 243. The only difference I see that I like is the clip. Anybody have any thoughts. I havent heard much of the venture but have heard good from the marlin rifles

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my dad has one of the ventures in a 300 win mag. it is a very nice gun but the only thing I don't like is that it has a plastic clip.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The venture is just a slightly cheaper version of the ICON which is a great rifle. The stock is different on the venture and it doesnt have the adjusable trigger.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Marlin xl7 in 30-06 and it is the most accurate centerfire rifle i own. it is not a pretty rifle but it shoots great and you can't beat the price. I have looked at the vertures and they look a little better and feel a bit better in my hands but i have not shot any. both rifles got good reviews in the gun magazines but they seem to like almost anything anymore.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have a venture in 7mm mag with a 3-9x40 Buckmasters BDC. Every load I've tried in it so far has been MOA or better. I almost primarily use Nosler Bullets for all of my reloading but this rifle really likes regular 140gr Remington Core Lokts with H4831. Here's a 3 shot hundred yard group. After I fired the group, I moved it up two clicks and over two clicks.

They hold really tight out to 300 yards then start to open up a little. The next best load I've found uses 150gr NBT's. Groups are a little bigger at 100 but are tighter than the Remington's beyond 300 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts