The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that thompson center will stop making flint and cap lock muzzleloaders. Is there such low demand for these types of rifles? What will we do here in Pa. if want to buy a new one?

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
No it,s corporate greed.If that was the case Lyman wouldn,t make so many models and Traditions wouldn,t be makin Pa specific rifles.Traditions told me they made the PA Pellet just for us.That is super cool.There will be new ones in the system for years.The price of the Hawkin got so bad it was an insult.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
7600 said:
I just heard that thompson center will stop making flint and cap lock muzzleloaders. Is there such low demand for these types of rifles? What will we do here in Pa. if want to buy a new one?
T/C has been a part of S&W for a few years. I believe everything is made at S&W's factory. It's a shame if what you say is fact. Got a link for this story?

·
Banned
22,296 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
TC wants an arm and a leg for a Hawken...In 1998 I got one for 375 brand new...They now want 800+...Its no wonder they cant sell them not when you have Lyman selling GPR or Deerstalkers in the 400-600 range. I dont know that I understand the TC hawken pricing considering it doesnt have any bells or whistles to add that kind of cost...

The best thing TC could do is bring back the renegade in the $500 range.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I love my renegade like to get a hawken. I will have to invest in a used one.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I know what you mean about the Renny. Had an old well used one never fail me. Just got delivered last Thurs. an unfired "new" one (haha, serial # 65123)for $439.99 shipped. Sold the old one last Wed. to a guy from Selinsgrove for 225.00. I would upload pics, but have no clue how to!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.