The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be leaning more towards the Thompson center impact rifle.
I just sold my older CVA only because the LOP is way to long. I have a problem also with the one piece ring base mount just can't get a good scope sight picture with the late black powder season. I have to bug a shorter length of pull.
I run about 13 1/2" LOP them 14" plus makes it hard or just need to stretch into the scope for a perfect eye relief set up

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have one. Dropped a nice doe this evening at 160 yards. I have a 3-9x40 Nikon Pro Staff on it. I shoot 250gr Hornady .452 XTPs in a black crush rib sabot. Hold a 2” group at 100 yards easily with two Triple 7 pellets

The BDC reticle in the scope is great. Download the app from Nikon for your load. I used it this evening perfectly.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I have been looking at the Impact also, read a some good reviews on them. Just need something a little bit easier to clean then the Black Diamond, although the Black Diamond is a good shooter.
Any one else out there using the Impact?

·
Registered
304 Posts
My Impact does well with home cast Lee R.E.A.L. 250 grain slugs and Blackhorn 209 powder. I'm just offering this as another alternative.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just purchased a new bottle of BH209 $33.00 bucks .
I am keeping my eyes out when they go on sale so far 219.00 free shipping.
I stop at a gun show on Saturday in Myrtle Beach not one inline for sale.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
I just purchased a new bottle of BH209 $33.00 bucks .
I am keeping my eyes out when they go on sale so far 219.00 free shipping.
I stop at a gun show on Saturday in Myrtle Beach not one inline for sale.

Good deal. Cheapest ive found is Midsouth $228 for 5bs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts